The Best Breakfast in Canandaigua
At Bella Rose B&B in Canandaigua, NY of the Finger Lakes, we approach breakfast the “traditional” B&B way – with everyone gathered around a main dining table at a pre-arranged time.
Even the most apprehensive person about the “group table” idea finds this experience to be quite enjoyable, getting to meet and chat with people from all over the world. We believe this is what enhances the overall B&B experience and hopefully you will too!
Now, hands down, the best part of this experience is the decadent breakfast served by your grateful hosts. Our guests acclaim our breakfast “is to die for”, partly because you don’t just eat breakfast, you dine. You are served everything. You want for nothing. You are treated special. The table is always dressed with fresh flowers and candlelight. Soft music plays in the background. Then your three-course breakfast indulgence begins…
First Course: Fresh Pastry, Coffee and Juices
- Always something different and sometimes unexpected. Aside from our own home baked muffins, scones, biscuits or breads, we like to occasionally surprise guests with the unusual. Just a hint – strawberry shortcake, “in season fruit” turnovers, coffeecake, or lemon pudding cakes are presented, to name a few.
- Freshly ground local Finger Lakes Roasters coffee – our own special blend — or choose from a fine selection of imported loose leaf teas from Good Life Tea, served in your own personal teapot.
- Choice of several fresh fruit juices, all 100% pure.
Second Course: Fresh Fruit Dish
- Uncooked fruit, such as in-season strawberries tossed with strawberry-infused balsamic vinegar and topped with honey-vanilla creme fraiche or fresh pineapple topped with red raspberry sauce served in its own shell
- Mixed fruit parfait with Greek yogurt and fresh housemade granola
- Cooked seasonal fruit, such as grilled peaches with raspberry coulis and raspberry sorbet or poached pears with vanilla yogurt and toasted walnuts
The pampering treatment during your Finger Lakes getaway continues with our main course, always different each day. Alternating between sweet and savory dishes, we especially prepare for you a meal that satisfies most appetites right through lunch, usually only needing a snack before dinner.
Canandaigua and the entire Finger Lakes area are well known for having an abundance of wonderful seasonal and/or organic food items that are easily accessible. Many area restaurants go to great lengths to use the freshest ingredients possible, and we do the same. If we can use “all things local”, we will at our Canandaigua B&B.
Here is just a sample of some of our entrées you may enjoy during your visit:
- Homemade cinnamon bread French Toast with a dusting of powdered sugar and local pure maple syrup
- Cheesy-crusted quiche with crab & asparagus
- Dutch babies with fresh fruit (apples, peaches or mixed berry) compote and real whipped cream
- Puff pastry filled with bacon, eggs, roasted red peppers, potatoes, spinach and cheese
- Fresh strawberry-stuffed grilled croissant
- Eggs benedict on housemade English Muffin bread with fresh asparagus
- Carrot cake pancakes topped with toasted walnuts and maple cream
- Ham and swiss roulade with pan roasted potatoes
- Caramelized French toast with cinnamon and fresh berries in a puddle of local pure maple syrup and topped with a dollop of sweetened marscapone
- Potato crust quiche with locally-made fresh Italian sausage, roasted red peppers, fontina and parmesan cheeses
- Malted Belgian waffle with toasted coconut, toasted macadamia nuts, Grand Marnier orange syrup and homemade whipped cream.